HR Update is a way for MOSERS to communicate benefit news and updates with human resource and payroll representatives. Check back often and sign up to receive our emails. 

Refund of Employee Contributions

Feb 21, 2024, 08:02 AM by MOSERS

When an MSEP 2011 or Judicial Plan 2011 employee leaves state employment and is not yet eligible for normal retirement, they may either take a refund of their employee contributions or leave their contributions with MOSERS. It’s an important decision that former employees should make carefully. You can point them to our Refund of Employee Contributions page for a review of all the factors that may weigh into their decision.

MOSERS benefit counselors are always happy to assist current or former members in understanding their benefits and choices through MOSERS. Employees can reach a benefit counselor by calling (800) 827-1063 and selecting option 1.