Your retirement benefit through MOSERS is a defined benefit pension plan. It is based on a formula and we will pay you every month in retirement for the rest of your life.
You must be vested to be eligible for a future pension benefit from MOSERS.
- If you were vested when you left state employment and did not did not take a refund of contributions, you are already eligible for future pension benefits. Your return will add to your service and increase your benefit amount.
- If you were not vested when you left state employment, you must complete 12 continuous months of benefit-eligible employment and return any refunded contributions plus interest to receive past service credit.
- If you return to state employment, your employer will provide you with information on how to enroll for all your state benefits through the Statewide Employee Benefit Enrollment System (SEBES). You must complete your enrollment within 31 days of your date of hire. Contact your employer or the benefit provider with any questions you may have.
- If you have not already, create a myMOSERS account. You must have a valid email address already on file with MOSERS. If you don’t, contact us.
- Use the Missouri State Employees’ Self-Service (ESS) portal to access your pay stubs, leave balance, forms, and a direct link to various benefit providers. Register in ESS after receiving your first paycheck. (Employees of regional colleges/universities and “local payroll” agencies do not have access to ESS.)
- Keep learning about your MOSERS benefits. Read our emails, watch our videos, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Rumor Central and review your Annual Benefit Statement.
- Name a decision maker just in case. If you become incapacitated, someone will need to make decisions about your MOSERS benefits. Determine now who that person will be by completing the Designation of Agent form at myMOSERS.
- Let us know if we should share any of your benefit information with your spouse or anyone else by completing the Authorization to Release Information form at myMOSERS.
- Increase your savings through MO Deferred Comp every year. You can set it and forget it using Auto Increase. You will be glad you did when you see your savings grow!
- Notify us when you have any significant life events (such as change in your marital status or death of a family member) that may impact your benefits.
- Log in to myMOSERS, to update your personal information (mailing address, email address, phone numbers, etc.) review your work history, see when you are eligible for retirement and what plan you are in, review your Benefit Statement, get a benefit estimate, and more.