HR Update is a way for MOSERS to communicate benefit news and updates with human resource and payroll representatives. Check back often and sign up to receive our emails. 

Filing a Claim for Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits

Jun 15, 2023, 08:34 AM by MOSERS

The employee initiates a claim for LTD benefits by calling The Standard's Claim Intake Service Center at (844) 505-6026.   

After initiating the claim, the employee is instructed to inform their HR representative that they filed a claim.  

If you know in advance that your employee will be filing a claim, please advise them to have ready their HR representative‚Äôs name and phone number and their physician's name, address, and phone and fax number when they call The Standard. 

After the employee files a claim, the agency/department's designated HR representative completes the Employer's Statement and emails it to with the employee's name listed in the "Subject" line of the email.