Hearing Rumors? Not sure your co-worker has it right?

Rumor Central has the answers! Submit your question or just browse our blog to separate facts from fiction.

Subscribe to Rumor Central

Subscribe to receive a monthly email that includes answers to recent Rumor Central questions.

Log in to myMOSERS. Click on Personal Information, then on Email Options. Check the box next to Rumor Central

How Can I Change My Tax Withholding?

Feb 6, 2024, 15:10 PM by MOSERS
I may be interested in changing my federal withholding. It's been awhile since I did that, and it appears that I can't change it directly on the website like I did in the past. Is there any way I can see my current withholding status online? I used to be able to do that, but don't seem to be able to now.
You may at any time contact a MOSERS benefit specialist at (800) 827-1063 to discuss your current withholding election. Your withholding election may be changed during the year by completing the Tax Withholding Authorization and IRS W-4P forms. You are correct that you used to be able to complete and submit the form online. However, effective January 1, 2023, members are required to use the IRS form rather than the substitute W-4P form we previously had on our website. We are working on programming now that will allow electronic submission later in 2024. 

Until then, if you need to change the amount of taxes being withheld, please submit both the MOSERS form (Tax Withholding Authorization) and the IRS form (W-4P). You can return the forms to us by:

  • Faxing them to (573) 632-6103,
  • Scanning them and sending them as an attachment via email to,
  • Submitting them using the Document Upload feature after you have logged in to myMOSERS
  • Depositing them in the drop box outside of our office or bringing them in to the receptionist, or
  • Mailing them to us at MOSERS, PO Box 209, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0209

MOSERS staff cannot provide tax advice and cannot advise you on how to fill out tax forms or your tax liability as it pertains to your MOSERS pension. We suggest you contact the IRS and/or a qualified tax advisor to determine your withholding amounts.
Print Friendly and PDF




We strive to provide the most accurate information possible in our answers to Rumor Central questions. However, occasionally, laws, policies or provisions change and individual circumstances may vary. Please contact a MOSERS benefit counselor or see the handbooks in our website Library for more detailed information. If there is any difference between the information provided in this blog or on the MOSERS website and the law or policies that govern MOSERS, the law and policies will prevail. See our Privacy, Security & Legal Notices for more information.