- We will let you know when you are first eligible to receive your pension benefits so be sure to keep your contact information current.
- If you took a refund of contributions (and never returned to state employment) you are no longer eligible for a pension benefit.
- Your pension is a defined benefit plan, which means your monthly benefit will be determined by a formula and is payable for life.
- Your retirement date will be the first day of the month in which payments begin.
- Pension payments are made on the last working day of each month.
- Your pension benefit is subject to taxes.
- Cost-of-living adjustments are determined by your retirement plan.
- Be aware that working after retirement may affect your monthly pension benefit.
- You may be able to keep some of your MOSERS life insurance in retirement.
- Any long-term disability benefits end when you are eligible for normal retirement.
- If you have an account with MO Deferred Comp, make sure they have your most recent contact information and remember to review your account periodically.
Educate yourself about your MOSERS retirement:
- If you are a general state employee, attend a Ready to Retire Seminar or webinar.
- If you are a college or university employee, attend an on-campus seminar or any Ready to Retire Seminar.
- If you are a judge, administrative law judge, legislator, or statewide elected official, contact us to speak with a benefit counselor over the phone or to schedule an in-person appointment.
Easily Retire Online at myMOSERS:
- Set up your myMOSERS Online ID & password (if you haven’t already). You must have a valid email address already on file with us. If you don’t, contact us.
- Get a Benefit Estimate.
- Contact us if you would like to make an appointment with a benefit counselor
- Apply. You must complete the retirement process before you can begin receiving payments. Apply online at myMOSERS or contact us to request a Benefit Estimate and personalized Retirement Application.
- Pay attention to the form deadlines. Your retirement may be delayed if we don’t get forms in time.
- You can either upload scans or mail in required documents. See the Document Upload feature in myMOSERS.
- Watch your email and check your Document Express for confirmations and updates from us about your retirement.
These resources will help you make informed decisions during the retirement process:
- Retire Online Video – A handy video on the process of retiring online
- Retirement Guide – Why and how to complete various forms
- Smart Start Checklist – A list of information you should have readily available when you apply for retirement
- Destination Retirement Checklist – Checklist of other benefit providers to contact and tasks to complete
Contact your human resources (HR) office to find out about your employer’s resignation process and to inform them of your upcoming retirement.
Please stay in contact with MOSERS and informed about your future benefit. Help us help you.
- Notify us when you have any significant life events (such as change in your marital status or death of a family member) that may impact your benefits.
- At myMOSERS you can update your personal information (mailing address, email address, phone numbers, etc.) review your work history, see what plan you are in and your eligibility for retirement, review your Benefit Statement, get a benefit estimate, and more.