- As a state employee, you receive many valuable benefits. MOSERS provides pension, life insurance, and long-term disability benefits. Attend a Newer Employees & MOSERS Webinar to learn more!
- Your MOSERS pension, Social Security, and personal savings will provide you with retirement income.
- If you were first employed in a MOSERS or MPERS benefit-eligible position on or after January 1, 2011, you contribute 4% of pay* for your future pension. System funding also comes from employer contributions and investment income.
- We calculate your pension benefit using a formula – not the contributions you make. Increase your pension benefit by working longer.
- State employment counts toward Social Security retirement benefits.
- Most new members contribute 1% of pay to MO Deferred Comp for personal savings. Adjust the amount anytime.
- To receive a pension, you must be vested, meet the age requirement, and complete the retirement process.
*If you are a university employee transferring to MOSERS, please see the CURP section.
- Set up your online access
- Log in to myMOSERS and access your personal MOSERS information.
- Use the Missouri State Employees’ Self-Service (ESS) portal to access your pay stubs, leave balance, forms, and a direct link to various benefit providers. Register in ESS after receiving your first paycheck. (Employees of regional colleges/universities and “local payroll” agencies do not have access to ESS.)
- Keep your beneficiary & contact information updated. If you get married, divorced, or have children, let us know. It helps ensure we pay benefits according to your wishes.
- Keep learning about your MOSERS benefits. Read our emails, watch our videos, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Rumor Central and review your Annual Benefit Statement.
- Name a decision maker just in case. If you become incapacitated, someone will need to make decisions about your MOSERS benefits. Determine now who that person will be by completing the Designation of Agent form at myMOSERS.
- Let us know if we should share any of your benefit information with your spouse or anyone else by completing the Authorization to Release Information form at myMOSERS.
- Increase your savings through MO Deferred Comp every year. You can set it and forget it using Auto Increase. You will be glad you did when you see your savings grow!
At myMOSERS you can easily make changes to your member information or you are welcome to contact us directly.
- Update personal information (name, address, phone, email, marital status, birth or adoption of a child).
- Add or remove beneficiaries (or update their information).
- Request a refund of your employee contributions (90 days after leaving state employment). But remember, by doing so, you will forfeit your service and future pension benefits.