Length of service is part of the pension benefit formula. The longer you work, the higher your pension benefit will be. Attend a Mid-Career Seminar to find out more about your benefits.
- You may have the option to purchase or transfer certain types of service to MOSERS.
- Be aware of how leaving state employment, or returning to work for the state, affects your retirement.
- Certain life events, such as divorce and death, may affect your future pension benefit.
- Long-term disability insurance may replace up to 60% of your income if you become disabled.
- To apply for retirement, you must be vested and meet the age requirement for your plan, and complete the retirement process.
- Use the What's My Plan? tool to determine your plan membership.
- Log in to myMOSERS
- Review your Annual Benefit Statement for personalized information about your MOSERS benefits.
- Review and update your life insurance (most members - see Benefit Providers) and contribution beneficiaries (MSEP 2011 and Judicial Plan 2011 members).
- Submit a Designation of Agent form so someone can make decisions about your MOSERS benefits if you are unable.
- Search Rumor Central for answers to common questions asked by members.
- Attend a Mid-Career Seminar and keep learning about your benefits.
- Continue to grow your retirement savings by increasing your contributions to MO Deferred Comp.
At myMOSERS you can easily make changes to your member information or you are welcome to contact us directly.
- Update any changes to your personal information including your name, address, phone, email, etc.
- Add or remove beneficiaries or update their information.
- Use the Request for Refund of Contributions form to request a refund of your employee contributions 90 days after you leave state employment.
- Update information or apply for benefits if you have a significant life event.
- Apply to purchase or transfer prior service.
Highlights of Your Total Compensation Package
Purchasing and Transferring Service Guide for MSEP (Closed Plan) Members
Purchasing and Transferring Service Guide for MSEP 2000 Members
Purchasing and Transferring Service Guide for MSEP 2011 Members
Summary of Pension Benefit Provisions brochure (All Plans)