We encourage you to review your Annual Benefit Statement and any Benefit Estimates carefully. The information in these documents comes from several sources. While we strive for accuracy, it is possible that some portion of your records may contain an error. If your personal benefit information seems questionable (particularly your service and salary-related information), please contact your human resources representative or a MOSERS benefit counselor as soon as possible.
Members, retirees, beneficiaries, survivors, and employers may request a review by the Board of Trustees of the Missouri State Employees’ Retirement System (MOSERS) of decisions by the executive director of MOSERS, or his/her designee, concerning eligibility for and/or the amount of benefits, service, contributions, refunds, and membership. The appeals process is outlined below and explained in Section 1-2 of the MOSERS Board Rules.
Benefit Appeal Process
- The request for review must be stated in writing and addressed to the executive director or the MOSERS Board of Trustees.
- The request must state what decision the Board of Trustees is being asked to review and what action the Board of Trustees is being asked to take.
- The request must be made within sixty (60) days after the administrative decision has been mailed or otherwise communicated to the party making the request for review.
- The review will be held at the next regularly scheduled board meeting that is at least thirty (30) days after the date on which the request for review is received unless another date is mutually agreed to by the parties.
- The party requesting review (the appellant) will be notified in writing of the date on which the Board of Trustees will conduct the review.