Protect Yourself from Fraud
Protecting your pension and ensuring the security of your personal information are our top priorities. We understand the sensitivity and importance of your pension and financial data, and we take several measures to ensure its protection from fraudulent attacks.
- Secure Online Access: We provide myMOSERS, which is the secure online portal for you to access your benefit information. This portal ensures the authenticity of the user login and helps protect against unauthorized access to pension information.
- Security Monitoring: Our IT team is constantly evaluating our systems, networks, and security processes to ensure they meet the highest security standards.
While we take significant measures to protect your personal information, you can also take the following steps to further safeguard yourself from fraud:
- Strong Passwords: We encourage you to create strong, unique passwords for your myMOSERS and personal or work email logins. Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using easily guessable information, such as birthdates or names, and consider using a reputable password manager to securely store and manage your passwords.
- Phishing Scams: Be cautious of suspicious emails, messages, or phone calls asking for personal or financial information. MOSERS will not request your sensitive information through email. Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from unknown sources, as they may contain malware designed to compromise your information. If you are not sure if a message from MOSERS is a phishing attempt, please feel free to contact our office and we can verify if it was sent by MOSERS or not. Better safe than sorry!
- Regularly Monitor Accounts: Keep a close eye on your bank accounts and regularly review your statements and transaction history of your monthly pension. Report any suspicious or unauthorized activity immediately to MOSERS and your bank. Additionally, every time there is a log in to your myMOSERS you will receive an email stating the login attempt. If you ever receive this email and are not actively trying to log in, please contact MOSERS as soon as possible.
- Stay Informed: Stay up to date with the latest security measures. Be aware of current scams targeting retirees, such as fake investment opportunities or offers that seem too good to be true.