Leaving State Employment?

Dec 18, 2023, 11:41 AM
Man cleaning out his desk

Did you know that members of MSEP 2011 or the Judicial Plan 2011 who leave state employment may request a refund of their employee contributions?

Refunds of employee contributions are NOT automatic, and you are not required to withdraw them if you leave the state.

It is important to note that if you are unsure or think you may return to state employment, you may leave your contributions with MOSERS.

By taking a refund, you forfeit all your credited service and your future rights to receive a pension, life insurance, and long-term disability benefits from MOSERS. You can log in to myMOSERS to view the amount of your employee contributions and interest.

If you decide to request a refund, you must complete the Member Request for Refund of Employee Contributions form and have your signature (and your spouse’s signature, if married) notarized.

The Beneficiary Request for Refund of Employee Contributions form is for use by a member’s spouse or other family member or beneficiary if the member has died.

Please note, if you decide to request a refund, there is a 90-day waiting period. Missouri law requires MOSERS to pay your refund within an administratively reasonable period but no sooner than 90 days from the date your state employment ended.

Check out the Refund of Employee Contributions page or contact us for more information!

Back to News

News Archive