Hearing Rumors? Not sure your co-worker has it right?

Rumor Central has the answers! Submit your question or just browse our blog to separate facts from fiction.

Subscribe to Rumor Central

Subscribe to receive a monthly email that includes answers to recent Rumor Central questions.

Log in to myMOSERS. Click on Personal Information, then on Email Options. Check the box next to Rumor Central

Changing Your Name After Retirement

Oct 19, 2021, 13:27 PM by MOSERS
I got married and need to change my name. How do I go about doing that?

Any member who is currently receiving a pension benefit of any kind or who is an inactive-vested member must submit proof to change their name or marital status.

Proof of name change is required:

  • For any member when applying for retirement or after retirement if the name or information provided on the retirement application or other form differs from our records.
  • For any member when applying for a refund of employee contributions.
  • For any beneficiary applying for survivor or remaining guaranteed payments.

For proof of name change and marital status, we can accept a divorce decree or a marriage certificate.

We accept documents of proof in the format of photo or electronic copy. You can mail, e-mail, upload through myMOSERS account, or fax them to us.

If you have additional questions, please contact a MOSERS benefit counselor at (800) 827-1063 or (573) 632-6100.

Print Friendly and PDF




We strive to provide the most accurate information possible in our answers to Rumor Central questions. However, occasionally, laws, policies or provisions change and individual circumstances may vary. Please contact a MOSERS benefit counselor or see the handbooks in our website Library for more detailed information. If there is any difference between the information provided in this blog or on the MOSERS website and the law or policies that govern MOSERS, the law and policies will prevail. See our Privacy, Security & Legal Notices for more information.