Hearing Rumors? Not sure your co-worker has it right?

Rumor Central has the answers! Submit your question or just browse our blog to separate facts from fiction.

Subscribe to Rumor Central

Subscribe to receive a monthly email that includes answers to recent Rumor Central questions.

Log in to myMOSERS. Click on Personal Information, then on Email Options. Check the box next to Rumor Central

Filing Taxes and Living Out of State

Apr 19, 2021, 08:27 AM by MOSERS
I receive pension but i live in Michigan. How do i file taxes if any?

You will need your 1099-R form from MOSERS to file your federal income tax return. You may have already received yours in the mail back in early February. If you prefer an electronic copy of your 1099-R or if you find you need a replacement copy of it, simply log in to  myMOSERS  and you will find it listed under Personal Information. It is available to print.

If you lived in Missouri at any point during the tax year, you may owe Missouri state taxes, but you may also qualify for the Missouri State Public Pension Exemption. Contact the Missouri Department of Revenue and state tax agency in Michigan for additional information about and to inquire if you will need to file a state tax return in either or both states. 

Print Friendly and PDF




We strive to provide the most accurate information possible in our answers to Rumor Central questions. However, occasionally, laws, policies or provisions change and individual circumstances may vary. Please contact a MOSERS benefit counselor or see the handbooks in our website Library for more detailed information. If there is any difference between the information provided in this blog or on the MOSERS website and the law or policies that govern MOSERS, the law and policies will prevail. See our Privacy, Security & Legal Notices for more information.