Hearing Rumors? Not sure your co-worker has it right?

Rumor Central has the answers! Submit your question or just browse our blog to separate facts from fiction.

Subscribe to Rumor Central

Subscribe to receive a monthly email that includes answers to recent Rumor Central questions.

Log in to myMOSERS. Click on Personal Information, then on Email Options. Check the box next to Rumor Central

Employer Contributions to Social Security

Sep 11, 2018, 12:03 PM by MOSERS

Does my employer contribute to my social security while I am a state employee?

Yes. As a state employee, you and your employer both pay into Social Security while you are working. For questions about deductions from your paycheck, contact your employer’s human resources department. For questions about Social Security benefits, visit the Social Security Administration’s website at or call them toll-free at (800) 772-1213.

Print Friendly and PDF




We strive to provide the most accurate information possible in our answers to Rumor Central questions. However, occasionally, laws, policies or provisions change and individual circumstances may vary. Please contact a MOSERS benefit counselor or see the handbooks in our website Library for more detailed information. If there is any difference between the information provided in this blog or on the MOSERS website and the law or policies that govern MOSERS, the law and policies will prevail. See our Privacy, Security & Legal Notices for more information.