2024 Education Schedule is Here!
The MOSERS 2024 education schedule includes both in-person seminars and online webinars. Be sure to keep an eye on our Education page for the latest information!
We have designed our educational programs to help you learn about your state employee benefits as you progress through your career and experience different life events along the way.
How to Register!
It's easy! Log in to myMOSERS and go to Education Enrollment. To see the webinar and seminar schedules together, be sure you have selected 'show all'. Once you've reviewed the schedule, select the session you wish to attend, and complete the registration information. You may register for only one session at a time. Registration closes two weeks before webinars and one week before in-person seminars.
- Ready to Retire Webinars Only: If you are registering for an online webinar, make sure that you complete both steps of the registration process: 1) myMOSERS and 2) GoTo Webinar (you will find this information on the confirmation page of your myMOSERS enrollment). The second step is necessary for you to receive instructions and the link to join the webinar.
Guests: You are welcome to bring a guest or spouse with you! If your guest/spouse is not a state employee, add them while registering through myMOSERS.
If your guest/spouse is a state employee within 5 years of retirement eligibility, they should complete the registration process for the same session through myMOSERS to receive their own customized packet and benefit estimate.
Confirmation/Reminders: We will send a confirmation in your MOSERS Document Express online mailbox (log in to view and print) as well as reminders leading up to the session. If you registered for an online webinar, you will also receive confirmation and reminder emails from GoTo Webinar with instructions and the link to join the webinar.
Want a text reminder? If your cell phone number is up to date in our system, we will send you a text reminder prior to an in-person seminar! To update it, log in to myMOSERS, go to Personal Information, and click on Update Personal Information.
Special Needs: If you need special meeting room accommodations or have dietary needs due to a medical condition, contact MOSERS at (800) 827-1063, at least two weeks prior to the seminar date.
It is never too early! Start learning about your state benefits administered by MOSERS, including pension plan features, life insurance, long-term disability, and your personal retirement savings plan options with MO Deferred Comp.
- For employees who are newer to the state but less than five years of service (not yet vested)
- Speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp
- Sessions last approximately 2 hours
- Daytime sessions: 9:30 am - 11: 30 am
- Evening sessions: 5:30 pm - 7:30pm
Learn how different career and life events may affect your MOSERS benefits.
- For employees with at least five years of service (vested) and five or more years until retirement eligibility
- Speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp
- Sessions last approximately 2.5 hours
- Daytime sessions: 9:30 am - Noon
- Evening sessions: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- For employees within 5 years of retirement eligibility
- Speakers include MOSERS, MO Deferred Comp, the Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan (MCHCP), and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Pension plan features
- Retirement process (steps, due dates, etc.)
- Benefit formula
- Cost-of-living adjustments
- Decisions made during the retirement process, including benefit payment options and survivor benefits, choosing between plans (for MSEP members), and BackDROP (for MSEP and MSEP 2000 members)
- Termination and reemployment rules
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits (for eligible members)
For MSEP/MSEP 2000 members:
- Full-day webinars: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch break
- Full-day in-person seminars: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm and includes a box lunch
- Evening webinars: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm and speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp only
For MSEP 2011 members:
- Full-day webinars: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch break
- Full-day in-person seminars: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm and includes a box lunch
These part-day Ready to Retire sessions are designed for university employees who are within 5 years of retirement eligibility and are either MSEP or MSEP 2000 members.
- Online webinars have open registration and are not specific to a particular university. In-person seminars are held on campus as indicated.
- Morning sessions: 9:00 am - Noon
- Afternoon sessions: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Both sessions include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp
Cancel: If you need to cancel your registration, contact MOSERS at (800) 827-1063 or MOSERSEducation@mosers.org, as soon as possible. This will open a seat in the seminar and allow us to provide an accurate headcount for lunch and seating.
Prep Work: There are several things you can do to help prepare yourself for the session and for retirement.
- Use the MOSERS Comparison Calculator to see the long-term impact of different retirement options.
- Log in to your MO Deferred Comp account and review your last statement.
- Open a mySocialSecurity account to review your most recent Social Security Statement.
- Log in to your myMCHCP account to access their tools and resources, and/or to calculate your retiree health care premiums.
- Stay up to date and visit our Education page frequently for more information, including schedules and reminders about how to register.
Meet Your Education Team
Our education team is dedicated to serving you. They work hard traveling around the state bringing educational seminars to towns near you. Take a moment to get to know them! They are looking forward to helping you learn more about your MOSERS benefits in 2024!
Becky Wilson, Educator: Becky Wilson, a former librarian and public school educator, holds a master’s degree in library science and information services from the University of Central Missouri. She transferred to MOSERS in February 2020 from the Missouri State Library. Becky has 15 years of service with the state.
Becky’s vices include buying more books than she could ever hope to read, drinking coffee in the middle of the night, even when she knows she shouldn’t, watching ridiculous reality shows, and complaining about winter.
Molly Stern, Educator: Molly is a former public-school educator, with more than sixteen years of teaching experience in Missouri and Maine, primarily teaching English language arts, math, science, and social studies, to secondary level students. She earned a bachelor of arts degree from Central Missouri University and completed graduate coursework in special education from the University of Maine. In 2022, Molly joined the MOSERS team as a benefit counselor and was recently promoted to an educator.
Molly enjoys spending time with family, watching baseball (or other sports from November through February), and breathing in fresh air during outside activities, regardless of the season. If the weather is truly uncooperative, she relishes getting lost in a spectacular novel or movie.
Lisa Campbell, Education Outreach Coordinator: Lisa has 28 years of experience in the employee benefits field both in private industry and state service. She currently has 19+ years of state service. She started with MOSERS in 2016 as a full-time benefit counselor and part-time educator moving to a full-time MOSERS educator in 2017. She also works with many state agencies to help educate newer employees. Lisa has a Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP) from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP).
Lisa is most happy when the sun is shining bright, and she can spend time with family or friends traveling. Fun fact: she has hundreds of pictures in her phone of sunsets and travel shots.
Amber Arnold, Education Supervisor: Amber’s primary responsibility is supervising the Education team and overseeing 100+ education events each year. She also assists with employer education. Amber has a Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP) from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP). Amber has been with MOSERS since September 2013.
If you ever see Amber outside of MOSERS, she’ll probably be outdoors hiking, taking pictures, or walking her dogs as those are her three favorite things.
Debbie Neuner, Education Assistant: Debbie graduated from Missouri State University. She has many years of experience in executive assistance and meeting/event planning. She has been with MOSERS since February 2017. Debbie is responsible for the details of all seminars including enrollment, data collecting, negotiating, contracting, and detailing of venues, catering and sleeping rooms. She is also responsible for coordinating seminar speakers, printing and packing educational materials, and tracking invoices. She is the behind-the-scenes member of our team.
Outside of MOSERS, Debbie likes spending time with her adorable granddaughters.