HR Update is a way for MOSERS to communicate benefit news and updates with human resource and payroll representatives. Check back often and sign up to receive our emails. 

Transferring Sick Leave

Oct 13, 2021, 08:25 AM by MOSERS

Sick leave hours accrued by an employee at a MOSERS covered college or university may be transferred to a state agency or vice versa.

To verify a member’s transferred sick leave from a state agency to a MOSERS covered college or university position, you will need to do the following:

  • The HR representative from the college or university will need to contact the SAM II HR representative from the employee’s previous state agency employer.
  • For agencies that do not report sick leave in SAM II, unused sick leave should be reported in hours only (not days). If the employee has no sick leave, please enter “0.” Do not leave blank.

For retirement purposes, employees may receive service credit for unused sick leave as reported by the last employer only.