2023 Education Schedule
The 2023 education schedule is here! The schedule includes both in-person seminars and online webinars. Be sure to watch our Education page for the most recent information!
We have designed our educational programs to help state employees learn information about their benefits as they progress through their career and experience different life events along the way.
Ready to Retire Seminars and Webinars
While it is not required, we do highly encourage members to attend at least one Ready to Retire in-person seminar or webinar before they retire. They provide members with valuable information about their pension benefit, including the decisions they will have to make during the retirement process.
- For employees within 5 years of retirement eligibility
- Speakers include MOSERS, MO Deferred Comp, the Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan (MCHCP), and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Full-day webinars are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., with a 30 minute lunch break.
- Full-day seminars are from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and include a box lunch.
- Evening webinars are held from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp only.
- Full-day webinars are from 9:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., with a 30 minute lunch break.
- Full-day seminars are from 9:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and include a box lunch
Learn how different career and life events may affect your pension benefit.
- For employees with at least five years of service (vested) and ten or more years until retirement eligibility
- Speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp
- Sessions last approximately 2.5 hours
- Daytime sessions are held from 9:30 a.m. until Noon
- Evening sessions are held from 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Newer Employees & MOSERS Webinars
It is never too early! Start learning about the state benefits administered by MOSERS, including pension plan features, life insurance, long-term disability, and your personal retirement savings plan options with MO Deferred Comp.
- For employees who are newer to the state with at least six months but less than five years of service (not yet vested)
- Speakers include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp
- Sessions last approximately 1.5 hours
- Daytime sessions run from 9:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- Evening sessions run from 5:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
These part-day sessions are designed for university employees who are within 5 years of retirement eligibility and are either MSEP or MSEP 2000 members. Topics include pension plan features, the retirement process (due dates, etc.), benefit formula, cost-of-living adjustments, and the decisions made during the retirement process, including benefit payment options, BackDROP, and termination and re-employment rules.
- Online webinars have open registration and are not specific to a particular university. In-person seminars are held on campus as indicated.
- Morning sessions run from 9:00 a.m. until Noon
- Afternoon sessions run from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Both sessions include MOSERS and MO Deferred Comp.
How to Register!
Register: It's easy...log in to your myMOSERS! To see the webinar and seminar schedules together make sure that 'show all' is selected. Once you've reviewed the schedule, select the session you wish to attend, and complete the registration information. You may only be registered for one session at a time. Registration closes two weeks before webinars and one week before in-person seminars.
- Ready to Retire Webinars Only: If you are registering for an online webinar, make sure that you complete both steps of the registration process: 1) myMOSERS and 2) GoTo Webinar (you will find this information on the confirmation page of your myMOSERS enrollment). The second step is necessary in order for you to receive instructions and the link to join the webinar.
Guests: You are welcome to bring a guest or spouse with you! If your guest is not a state employee, add your guest while registering through myMOSERS.
If your guest is also a state employee within 5 years of retirement eligibility, they should complete the registration process for the same session through myMOSERS to receive their own customized packet and benefit estimate.
Confirmation/Reminders You will receive a confirmation in your MOSERS Document Express online mailbox (log in to view and print) as well as reminders leading up to the session. If you registered for an online webinar, you will also receive a confirmation and reminder email from GoTo Webinar with instructions and the link to join the webinar.
Want a text reminder? If your cell phone number is up to date in our system, we will send you a text reminder prior to an in-person seminar! To update it, log in to myMOSERS, go to Personal Information, and click on Update Personal Information.
Special Needs: If you need special meeting room accommodations or have dietary needs due to a medical condition, contact MOSERS at (800) 827-1063, at least two weeks prior to the seminar date.
Cancel: If you need to cancel your registration, contact MOSERS at (800) 827-1063 or MOSERSEducation@mosers.org, as soon as possible. This will open a seat in the seminar and allow us to provide an accurate headcount for lunch and seating.
Prep Work: There are several things you can do to help prepare yourself for the session and for retirement.
- Use the MOSERS Comparison Calculator to see the long-term impact of different retirement options.
- Log in to your MO Deferred Comp account and review your last statement.
- Open a mySocialSecurity account to review your most recent Social Security Statement.
Log in to your myMCHCP account to access their tools and resources, and/or to calculate your retiree health care premiums.
Stay up to date and visit our Education page frequently for more information, including schedules and how to register.